A self-supporting not-for-profit public agency, MassHousing has provided more than $13 billion in financing for homebuyers and homeowners, and for developers and owners of affordable rental housing. MassHousing does not use taxpayer dollars, but sells bonds to fund its programs. Below are additional details on North Shore MA MassHousing.
Help for Home Buyers
MassHousing supports affordable housing opportunities across the Commonwealth. They offer home ownership programs to help families find, finance and keep the home of their dreams.
Features of a MassHousing Loan
MassHousing loans offer a safe, affordable way to buy a home. With a loan from MassHousing, you’ll get
- Affordable interest rates, fixed for the life of the loan
- 30-year repayment terms
- Mortgage payment protection, which helps pay your loan in case you lose your job
- No hidden fees or other surprises
- Low-dowpayment options
- Flexible underwriting and income limits mean more families qualify
- Loans serviced by MassHousing. If you have a question or concern, you’ll know who to call
Information on MassHousing
Pre-Qualification is a quick comparison of your household income, estimated purchase price of your home and its expected occupancy level against MassHousing acquisition limits. There is an easy form that walks the first time buyer through the pre-qualification process, including identifying where you want to live, gathering some basic personal information and recommending a MassHousing approved lender to gain mortgage “Pre-Approval